Thursday 6 May 2010

Summoning Motivation

This week has been a bit weird. Went sailing on the west coast on the weekend, but due to other people's commitments, we had to be back on Monday. Got lucky(ish) with the weather and had a blast.
I'm off work this week, using up holidays as I'll be struggling to use all mine this year - never said that before. Just been pottering around the flat, trying to summon the motivation to do something. Anything. I've been doing a lot of cooking, just making stuff for the freezer so life's a bit simpler once I'm out of the operation. Beef Rendang yesterday, Venison Casserole today. Rick Stein's Beef Rendang might be one of my favourite dishes, I urge you to try it, or gimme a shout and I'll make it for you.

Get Strong

Lots of folk have said I should spend the next year getting super strong on the fingerboard. Good in theory, difficult in practise. I bought a pull-up bar and have been doing pull-ups every couple of days, seem to be getting a bit stronger at them...might break the 15 rep barrier soon, pretty gash for a climber...

Today I managed to get on the fingerboard (beastmaker) and man, have I got weak. I used to be able to hang the small monos and the 45s, but now, 30s are a struggle. Still, feels nice to be able to put some effort in. Need to get in to a rhythm and hopefully once I'm back to climbing I'll not have lost too much. It'll be a miracle if I come back stronger, but who knows!



Check the size of them weedy forearms, and the new HTC Desire/stopwatch in the background. Repeaters are much harder when you actually time the 7/3 second cycle. Stop that cheating!

I'll need to start posting some aims and achievements - that might help the motivation and track the +/- progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment